Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Second Day of School - Some Tears

We had some tears when I dropped Katie off for school today. Luckily, none of them were from her. She loved her first day of school and almost forgot to say goodbye to me when we got to her classroom. Her only concern this morning was when she found out that Anna was not going with us to drop her off. "Do you know how to get to my school by yourself, Daddy?" I was asked. Such confidence in me. The only thing better than this was when, after I had stalled the car for the Nth time this weekend, she asked Anna "How come you can't drive the car Mommy?" At least I can be proud that she gets her sarcasm from me.

But I digress. It was VJ who was crying outside Katie's classroom. "I want to take my coat off! I want to play! I want to go to Katie's school!" It was funny, but kinda sad too. So, to ease my guilt I took him back to the playground we found the other day and then on to McDonald's for lunch.

0 comments: