Monday, April 23, 2007

You're a Fat-Ass, Daddy

So last night at dinner Katie basically told me that I was fat.

She didn't say it in so many words, but the message came across anyway. Here's how it went down:

We had just finished dinner and the kids were waiting patiently (for a change) for dessert while I cleared the table. Katie was looking at the various pictures we have hanging on the wall and she pointed to a picture of Anna and me taken on our Wedding day.

Katie: "Daddy, your face looks weird in that picture."
Me: "Oh really, how so?"

Now I fully expected that her answer would involve me not having a goatee then or how my hair was "poofier" but then I got blindsided:

Katie: "You are a little bit thinner in the picture."

Wonderful. At least Anna got a good laugh.

OK, may be I have gained a LITTLE bit of weight since then, although I don't really know how I thought as I sat down to my ice cream with chocolate sauce.

1 comments:

Aunt Liz said...

I thought you lost weight since the last time I saw you. Oh well, I am going to be 45 next month and I think my eyesight may be going. Love You All, Aunt Liz