Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Budapest Zoo















The kids and I took a trip to the Budapest Zoo today. Katie & I love to see all the animals at the Zoo. Come to find out, VJ likes animals but would much rather see them on the TV rather than anything approaching "close".

As luck we have it, the first animals we saw were my favorite, the Rhinos. We later got to see the baby Rhino (not pictured) that was born this past January.
VJ was a little nervous being near the hippos. And that was BEFORE they started swimming our way. He demanded a 3 foot minimum distance between him and the railing.
Surprisingly he was (mostly) OK getting this close to the giraffes. This reminded me of my trip to the Catskill Game Farm when I was 3 yrs old and I got to feed the Giraffes.
Two Monkeys escaped from the Monkey House.
Me: "Katie, let's go see the elephants!"
Katie: "OK, but I hope that they don't smell."

VJ told Anna that they were his favorite. He said that they smiled at him. I thought it was because we couldn't get any closer to them than this:

VJ, Katie and some rude European kid who wouldn't move out of the picture.
Of course we had to go see Grandpa's favorites:
And now for the actual favorite part of the trip:

Visit our Kodak Gallery homepage for more Zoo pictures.

2 comments:

Mom Price said...

Wonderful pictures at the zoo. Question - no school? or a holiday of some kind?

At age 3 you can't expect VJ to be happy around anything that is larger than himself - especially in the real world.

Lisa Marie said...

I just can't even tell you how much I love your blog. Isn't the internet amazing? You're so far away, but it still feels like you're just around the corner since we get to see the little happenings of the day. Thanks for keeping it up.