Friday, April 27, 2007

Odds & Ends

VJ had his 3yr old check up on Wednesday. He is perfectly healthy but what is of note is that his behavior can only be described as EXCELLENT. He listened to the Dr., answered her questions, followed instructions...he just was not the same little boy that went to his Dr. in Houston...until it was time for his vaccination...which is why they do that last. He SCREAMED at the top of his lungs and carried on sad. He did not even want the cool Tiger band-aid that they gave him.


**************

We had delayed potty training until we got over here and after one aborted attempt in which VJ was just not interested we are off to a great start. We use the "bribe" method of potty training where every success earns a toy. VJ has gotten several new hot wheels cars, plastic dinosaurs and plastic animals this week. The dinosaurs were actually a big hit and strong motivator.

Now, I told you all that so I could tell you this story: Anna also bought a glider plane and I earmarked this as a "special prize" for when he ever poops in the potty. Katie was there when I showed it to him and explained the conditions attached to receiving it. Her comment was:
Katie: "I sure hopes he poops in the potty soon."

Now everyday when we pick her up from school she asks if he pooped in the potty yet.

**************

Some Many of the streets are pretty narrow over here. That can lead to some tense moments when meeting oncoming traffic. Once I was going up a hill with a curve in the middle. As I approached the cure, an oncoming car appeared from around the curve and was partially in my lane. She steered back into her own lane but not until I hit the curb. With the kids in the car I held back what I really wanted to say but I did "tell her" to "Stay in your own lane, lady." From the back seat I hear:
Katie (dead pan): "I don't think she can hear you Daddy."

Then she and Anna had a nice laugh.

**************

One night after her shower, Katie had dried off and was putting on her pajamas but was taking forever. So I decided to give her some "encouragement."
Me: "Come on Kate. Get dressed. Get going, Come on!

Katie looked up and opened her mouth to defend herself but saw my smile and realized I was joking. So she just shook her head and continued and said:
Katie: "Sometimes it takes me a while to get dressed."

I fell for it.

Me: "Why?"
Katie:"I don't know. May be because you keep BUGGING me."



0 comments: