Sunday, April 15, 2007

Easter Cleanup

So for the past couple of days Anna has been complaining that "the garbage or something" smells. I made supportive noises and opened/closed windows as directed but I didn't actually smell anything. Evolution has equipped men with stronger...let's call it "smell filters" than women. Why? Well, if we actually smelled disgusting things we might be moved to get our asses up off the couch and clean it up and we certainly don't want that to happen.

So anyway...the smell actually reached a level that it broke past my smell filter and I made an effort to find out just what the hell was that smell? The garbage was emptied earlier in the day so we ruled that out. We spent the evening sniffing various areas in the living room until I came across a hard boiled Easter egg that had escaped our notice.

We didn't color eggs at home this year as #1. I couldn't find any dye in the stores & #2. the eggs are already brown and kinda hard to dye anyway. But Katie had brought this one home from school and it sat out for 2 weeks. Needless to say...Eww!

1 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Hmmm...kind of reminds me of the story from my childhood found here:

http://mommyandherboys.blogspot.com/2007/04/easter-etc.html