Wednesday, February 21, 2007

We Resume Our Broadcast Day

After an agonizing delay, we have finally gotten the internet connection up and running at our house. I wish I could tell you what the delay was, but since I don't speak Hungarian I have no one to yell at about it. The most I could get out of the maintenance guy for the complex was "2-3 days." I stopped believing him after the second week.

You don't know what a relief it is to be able to know what is going on in the world. The free satellite TV in our house sucks. Well, that's not fair. It actually looks pretty good for free TV but if only I could speak German. It doesn't seem to bother the kids as they will watch German Disney Channel with no complaints. VJ & I watched "Der Schlumps" the other day. You may know them as "The Smurfs." It was actually pretty funny to hear the Smurfs speaking German, but a little of that goes a long way.

I was speaking to my Dad one day and he asked if I had heard that Anna Nicole Smith had died. I told him that I had no TV & no Internet, so unless she had died in my living room I would not know about it.

The internet was hooked up yesterday afternoon, which worked out for the kids since they only got ignored for half a day. After doing general maintenance (reading email, downloading virus protection updates, etc.) I immediately went to iTunes and bought the 2 "Grey's Anatomy", 3 "Heroes" & 3 "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" that we had missed. Because when I say "know what's going on in the world" I of course mean the TV world.

In retrospect, it worked out that we didn't have the internet for a month since "Grey's" started a 3 part episode arc and parts 1 & 2 both ended in a cliffhanger (and what a cliffhanger!). And we only have to wait until Friday to download part three. So there's your silver lining.

That's it for now. I'll hopefully be making a few more posts over the next few days as well as responding to emails and surfing the web for all those important things I've been missing...like the Superbowl commercials. Luckily Katie is off from school this week and she knows how to work the DVD player all by herself.

0 comments: