Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Traveling to Guatemala

OK, so I am in Guatemala and I can tell you that after traveling for 23 hours, I don't really care how nice it is. Not really, it is gorgeous, about 75 degrees, not at all humid, sunny.

The most interesting part of the trip was filling out all of the customs and immigration forms. I felt like such an idiot, because everything was different. As I briefly passed through the US - what a nice chance to hear English, and American English no less, I actually had to claim my luggage, go through immigration and customs, and then re-check my luggage.

The worst part of the trip was London. The security people were pretty rude, that I was only allowed one carry-on bag - and that I had to shove my purse into my already packed laptop case. It only marginally fit - but as soon as I passed security, I pulled it out again.

And, hopefully, this post will satisfy our readers - at least for a little while. Vito should be getting the DSL connection at the house this week, but don't hold your breath.

1 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

"Let's hope this post will satisfy our readers..." Translation: Get LMU to stop complaining since she obviously has nothing more important to do than check our website every five minutes.