Sunday, February 25, 2007

Buying a Car

So this weekend we went and looked at new cars. Buying a car in the US is so much fun, you know that I could not wait to go car shopping here. Luckily Anna did most (all) of the research, with some help from the folks at ExxonMobil.

As we've been driving around Budapest, we have been checking out the different types of cars and discussing their pros and cons. However, this all stopped when I saw the perfect vehicle for us:

Now, I know what your thinking. It's an ugly gray Van. It's also a Mercedes which puts it well above our price range and it's actually listed as a Light Commercial Vehicle. But it has one quality that no other vehicle can match. It's name. Let's zoom in and check it out:

The name of the car is the VITO. Which is, as we all know, the best name EVER. Those of you who have made the mistake of asking me why I don't have a middle name have already heard my feelings on this matter (the short of it is, when your first name is already the BEST name that there is, any middle name can only be a let down).

Now Anna was reluctant to go along with the Mercedes Vito as our first choice for a car for all the reasons I stated above. However, I have a strict policy that anything with my name on it, I must buy it. I should note however that this is the first time that this policy has ever been in danger of being enforced since the people who make mugs and pencils and bicycle license plates, etc. don't recognize the preeminence of my name. (One of the coolest gifts I ever got was a rubber stamper that had my name in a rocket ship. I'm pretty sure my mom had to special order it. If I ever get my scanner working I'll scan in a copy of it as I know you are all dying to see it).

Any way, cooler minds (Anna's) prevailed and we bought a Toyota Corolla hatchback. And when I say bought I really mean ordered as we won't receive it until about March 8th, which is actually quite fast for Europe. The buying process was not that bad as the one car salesman that spoke English was going on vacation the next day and the fact that he was too busy trying to wrap all his work up (& that the new model year is being released over here in March) meant that he was too busy to screw us too much.

1 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

you cannot overlook the humor of the fact that the car named after you is so CLEARLY a minivan. Your new slogan should be "Vito--the top choice of international soccer moms"