Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Food, Glorious Food!

First of all, I have to say that my kids are great. They have been fantastic through this whole move process. Of course, seeing their toys again and being able to play with them with plenty of space after six weeks of deprivation does not hurt.

We are settling in. I do not yet have pictures - don't want to scare people off from coming to visit by seeing the house in its current state. Hoepfully this week we will be able to post some.

The best part of being at the house is cooking our own food, eating at our table and most importantly, being able to play while dinner is being prepared.

Of course, the first meal (Saturday night) was something simple - salad, spaghetti and garlic bread. You would have thought that was a 5-star gourmet meal. The kids loved it - almost licked their plates clean - and Vito and I were not too far off from that either.

We had eggs for breakfast on Sunday, which was heaven for me, since we have not had them since we left the US. I was definitely going through withdrawal.

Last night, Monday, I made salad, sauted chicken breast, roasted potatoes and peas. In starts Katie, pointing to the potatoes saying "I don't like that." Too bad, I say, you are having some. Now, as dinner progresses, Katie asks for more chicken. I do a double-take. My children are good eaters, but not so much with the meat. And certainly never seconds - unless it is chicken nuggets - and usually not even then. So, we proceed to give her a little bit more. She finishes all of the second portion and proceeds to ask for more. Now, I ask her "When did you start to like chicken? In the last six weeks?" She says, with all of her now ever-present sarcasm, "No, for the last 100 weeks?" I think to myself, "Yeah, right." but let it drop. Who am I to complain that my child likes chicken?

4 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

What I find most amusing about the whole post is that Monday night you were making dinner. Monday night, and I'm assuming you worked during the day on Monday? And still had time to whip out some chicken and roasted potatoes? What good is that house-husband of yours if he can't have dinner on the table when you get home?

Mom Price said...

Why were you on egg withdrawal? Is there a shortage of eggs? Don't they eat breakfast in Hungary? Do I need to bring my own breakfast food when visit? Regarding LMU's comment, I am assuming that shortly Vito will be cooking again. We know he can. Love to all

Lisa Marie said...

OK, it's been a whole week now. I'm missing you. I click here every few hours, hopeful for an update. POST SOMETHING NEW ALREADY!

Vito said...

Everyone can bite me. Vito is busy driving over to Anna's office to chauffeur her home. We still only have the one (rental) car.