Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thanksgiving Wrap Up

Sorry for not posting since we got back...I was busy doing vacation laundry and had just about completed it when I realized that the kids had been wearing clothes all week (different ones every day!) and I had a new pile to do. I think when Anna goes on her next business trip we will experiment with how many changes of clothes do the children really need in a week (my goal = 2). God, how I hate laundry.

Anyways...we had a great visit to Troy for Thanksgiving.

My Mom, hard at work cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily she has a good Daughter-in-Law to help her since her 2 sons and husband are less than useless.

The family was out in full force to enjoy a terrific meal together. Notice how Anna & I seated our kids at the far end of the table from us. Pure genius.

My brother bolted from the house right after dinner so as to be first in line at CompUsa for their Black Friday sale. He waited from 6pm until 5am the next morning to buy a laptop that he, Anna & I gave to my Dad our parents for Christmas. Not only was it freezing cold, but the 2 girls who were 2nd in line were annoying as hell. I couldn't stand them and that was only after the 15 minutes I held his place while he ran inside to warm up (during the 9pm - Midnight sale).
My parents are lucky that he was the one who waited in line since I would have bought the less impressive laptop at the 9pm sale and gone home to bed.

I got to visit and catch up with my long lost cousin Michael and his wife Kimmie (and their 3 sons - you may remember voting for Quinton). Michael insists that he wasn't lost, he knew that he was in Raleigh, NC this whole time, but whatever. The last time I saw him was back in 1996 at my wedding. Our visits back to Troy have not coincided for the last 11 years. Usually we miss each other by 1 week.

Frankie's girlfriend Lisa brought over the puppies her dogs just had for the kids to play with and for Anna and I to feel guilty that our kids don't have a dog yet. Our lease doesn't allow pets, or as VJ puts it "The security guards say 'no dogs'."

Here's the whole gang at Hilltop bowl. I look stupid since Anna told me to "hunch down" so we could see the tall people behind me.

And finally, here's a picture of what I look like when I'm drunk but trying to concentrate on playing a board game.
Private message to Annette (everyone else close your eyes):

Remember how I kicked your ass 20 - 6 playing that game (whatever it was). Fun times.
OK everyone else, you can open your eyes now.

You can see all the pictures here and here on our Kodak Gallery Homepage.

0 comments: