Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Fresh Air, Exercise and No Boars

So we finally broke down and went walking on one of the trails near our house. It made us realize that #1. We are out of shape (I'm mean we knew this but the walk really drove the point home) and #2. Our kids are big lazy asses. I say "our kids" so as not to point fingers, but it really is Katie.

VJ does OK for a 3 year old. He started to lose steam at the end as we were walking back home (up hill I might add).

2 minutes into the walk Katie starts in
Katie: "When are we going back?"
Me: "Kate, we just started."
Katie: "I don't want to go down there." (pointing downhill because she knows that she will have to walk back up it)
Me: "Noted." They hate when I say "Noted" because they know it really means "Tough Shit."
Katie: "How much farther are were going to go?"
Me: "Far. And the more you complain, the farther we'll go." Papa Smurf, I am not.

Once she gets going she is much better. The kids like to pick wild flowers and look at the dogs in the neighborhood (pets aren't allowed in our fenced in complex, but everyone else in Hungary has at least one -usually large- dog). At the end of the walk, she and Anna were way far ahead of me and Pokey Pokerson.

Here's some pictures:

Katie insisted on wearing a dress, despite it not being the best outfit for a walk in the woods. Just a note: the sweatshirt makes me look fatter than I really am. I'm just saying.

Two of the smallest (and ugliest) dogs in the neighborhood.

The view of Budapest from the top of the hill we climbed.



3 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

OK, you know I try to comment on almost all your posts to try to encourage you to keep blogging, but I can barely keep up with your prolific posting right now.

#1) Why do I always feel the need to number my comments? Guess it's the engineer deep inside

#2) I can totally believe it's the sweatshirt that makes you look more plump than you actually are. Maybe you should wear a Speedo for the next picture so your bulky clothing doesn't disguise your truly buff physique.

#3) I think those dogs are kind of cute actually.

Grampa said...

Dear Lisa Marie, dont let the sweatshirt fool you. See if he will send us a picture without the sweatshirt? I had to wait three months for a picture of him because the Budapest barber cut his hair so short.

Love
Grampa

Grampa said...

Dear Katie & VJ, WOW you guys are getting so big on grampa. I cant wait to see you guys in JULY. Murphy and Grama and Uncle Frankie Miss you.

Love
Murphy