Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Driving Miss Anna (& Miss Katie & Mr. VJ)

We went this weekend to buy our 2nd car. And again, by "buy" I mean order and hopefully pick up this Friday. The whole process was less painful this time since we were much more familiar with the process. We also totally lucked out as the (one & only) salesman who speaks English at the Toyota dealership is leaving for a new job after this week.

I can not tell you how much I look forward to not having to chauffeur everyone around all day. Driving Katie to school is not so bad as we found a mostly back way to get there and driving to and from Anna's work has gotten easier as we found a shortcut to get there as well. However, driving Anna to work and THEN driving Katie to school SUCKS. The only realistic way to go takes you through the worst rush hour traffic part of town. To put it in Houston terms, it's like having to drive the 610 West Loop during rush hour, EVERY DAY.

The 2nd car will cut my driving time by at least 2/3 plus give Anna much more flexibility about when to get in/leave work. The down side is that since I won't have to pick her up at night, I'll be expected to make dinner more often. The worse-worse part is that I will then have to eat said dinner.

Just to review: our first car is a Toyota Corolla hatchback (my primary car) and the second is a Toyota Yaris hatchback (Anna's car).

1 comments:

Mom Price said...

Just think - you will have more time to practice your cooking skills and IMPROVE them. You may have another career budding in front of you.