Sunday, March 4, 2007

Beware Boar Crossing

So, pretty unspectacular Saturday.

Katie was supposed to go to a birthday party for one of her school friends but as we were getting ready I came across the invitation and found out that the party was from 9:00am - 11:00am instead of 11:00am - 1:00pm. As it was 9:30, no one was showered and the party was on the other side of town...Katie was a little disappointed but took it pretty well.

Plan B involved going to the park. Great idea until 10 minutes before we left it started to rain.

Plan C. F*@& it. Let's have lunch and then take a nap. Success!

In the afternoon we went to Culinaris, a specialty food store recommended by another expat and spent way too much to buy some Rice Krispies, Poptarts, Brownie Mix, wine, etc. We forgot the Marshmallow Fluff, so since I have go back I guess I'll get some Oreos as well ($5.00 for a lunch box size package).

On the way home we were able to find a store called Praktiker which is the Hungarian equivalent to Home Depot.

As we were driving home and nearing the turn off to our house I see what I think is a large dog cross the street in front of me. Then I realize it's not a dog.

Anna: "Is that a..?"
Me: "Yep. That's a boar."

A boar crossed the road in front of me. A Boar.

Now, in addition to fresh air and exercise, we have another reason to avoid the nature trails around our house.

A freakin' Boar.

2 comments:

Mom Price said...

I do believe that boar tusks are not good for car tires. Try not to make it mad. Especially when driving your new car. Do the neighbors know?

Lisa Marie said...

You need to give me a list of food items you can't find so I can ship a care package. We'll see if it's cheaper to mail than to pay the exorbitant prices over there for the coveted items.

Haven't seen any boars around here but there have been a heck of a lot of oppossums lately. Which are pretty disturbing to me. My cousins in Hawaii used to hunt wild boars and had a pit bull mix dog that used to kick wild boar a*%. So you could just get a really nasty dog to protect you from the boars and hope that it doesn't turn on you and eat you and the kids while you're sleeping. Or you could just stick to your original plan and stay indoors.