Monday, June 25, 2007

Not My Fault

I just want to say clearly and for the record, that this is not my fault.

After breakfast this morning, the kids were watching TV while I was in the computer room catching up on the day's news (OK, I was reading my daily comic strips..."Boondocks" is just too funny). After a while the kids come in and I noticed that VJ has something around his lips. Assuming it's just juice or something, I take him to the kitchen to wipe it off.

It doesn't come off.

So I try again, this time with soap and an actual wash cloth. Washing his face with soap ranks up there with Applying Sunscreen and Getting his Haircut. A few screams of "No Soap! No Soap!" later and all clean, right?

Nope, it's still there.

I finally ask him what he did to his face but he's still mad about getting his face washed so he's not giving anything up. Luckily he has an older sister who has no problem ratting him out. Long story short, he took a (small) lid to a container and put it against his mouth and sucked in, creating a vacuum so it would stick to his face. Cool trick but unfortunately if you keep it there long enough it leaves a nice bruise mark (or whatever) on your face.

Clearly I can not be blamed for this.

3 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

You neglect the child to surf the internet and he get a big old vacuum cleaner HICKEY and it's not your fault? Clearly...

Vito said...

I'm glad you agree.

Mom Price said...

Only a boy will get a hickey from a bottle lid!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha