Monday, June 25, 2007

Bubble Fun

For Sunday breakfast Anna made waffles. A breakfast of waffles is a long drawn out affair at our home since we can only make one waffle at a time. Typically by the time Anna sits down to her first waffle, the kids are done and I am about to finish as well.

VJ is always the first to be served since he takes FOREVER to eat. Actually if it was up to him he would be done in 5 minutes. It's just that our yelling at him to eat more that takes so long. So anyways, he was actually finished and we were making him wait until Katie was done before he could be excused from the table (yes, we are those kind of parents). After a few minutes I realized that he had been sitting quietly and therefore wondered "what was he up to" so I looked over. He was trying to form a spit bubble. While I give him points for amusing himself quietly while the rest of us finished our meal, it's not really appropriate at the table.

Me: "VJ, don't do that. That's not nice to do at the table."
VJ: "Can I do it in the living room?"
The question caught me off guard and I actually paused to think about it.
Me: "No, not anywhere in the house."
VJ: "Then can I do it outside?"
I open my mouth to say "Yes" but Anna, seeing where this is going, quickly intervenes.
Anna: "No VJ, we don't do that anywhere. That's not polite to do. We'll play with real bubbles this afternoon."
She can be such a girl sometimes. All boys know that spit bubbles are cool, but only when appropriate.


More pics at our Kodak Gallery.

1 comments:

Mom Price said...

It sounds like VJ is starting to learn the snappy comebacks that his parents are always using