Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Katie

So, I'm glad I showed you her school picture first because wait until you see this one.
Katie went to a friend's birthday party directly after school today and VJ & I went to pick her up at 6:00pm. The party was held at a neighborhood park (not near our neighborhood of course but whatever). Out of all the kids there, Katie was the only one whose face was this filthy:
Me: "Katie, how did your face get so dirty?"
Katie: "I ate some ice cream."
Me: "What about dirt? Did you eat any dirt?"
I can't really type out the noise she made, basically dismissing my sarcasm as beneath her notice.

I chose not to take a picture of the huge scratch Clutzy McGraceless got on her knee.

***********************

Conversation we had this evening after showers:
Katie: "Why does VJ keep bugging me?" (They are constantly arguing over toys, etc.)
Me: "He's your little brother. That's what little brothers do." (Hi Frankie)
Katie: "When will he stop bugging me?"
Me: "Eventually you will go away to college."

***********************

Did I mention that I love Katie's school? The last day of school is this Friday so stuff has been coming home (art projects, papers, etc.). Today they sent home a "Memory Book" filled with various papers and projects that Katie had completed throughout the (half-a-)year as well as a class picture that everyone signed.
She also got a CD of all the songs that they sang in music as well as a CD of all the pictures that she had taken of her at school. You can check them out at our Kodak Gallery site.

0 comments: