Thursday, May 24, 2007

Working at the Car Wash

Anna has changed in many ways since we married.

She used to be a little shy. We watched a video taken at my parents house of Thanksgiving 1996, just a couple of months after we were married. At one point my Dad and Uncle Mike were teasing her and she was just giggling and acting shy. Now my Dad is afraid to tease her for fear of what she will come back with (I feel the same way sometimes). She is much quicker with the witty comebacks since becoming a Salvaggio (pure self-defense I'm sure).

Anna used to read the instructions before trying to do a task. Once we spent 45 minutes in our 150 degree garage trying to make the new garage door remote talk to the garage door opener. At the point where Anna was about to unscrew the circuit board I stopped things and got the instructions. If we had read them to begin with, the entire job would have taken 2 minutes. Anna's statement: "When I was a 'Price' I would have read the directions first."

However, one way she hasn't changed is her obsession with the cars' state of cleanliness...both inside and out. I've tried to explain to her that this is not a matter that Salvaggio's concern themselves with but to no avail.

Salvaggio's know that how clean the outside of a car is has no effect on the way it drives so therefore it doesn't matter. And if we really do need to get the car cleaned for some reason (wedding, funeral, etc.) they have places that do that for you. As far as the inside of the car is concerned, here is the Salvaggio rule of thumb: If you can sit on the seat, with your feet on the floor and the trash is not yet up to your knees, it's not yet time to clean the car.

Anna has much more stringent rules about the cleanliness of the cars which has caused us to clash at times (Of course the trash goes on the floor. I mean am I supposed to throw my wrappers and empty soda bottles out the window while I'm driving? Yeah, like I'm gonna get where I'm going and then throw the stuff away).

Anyways...last weekend the four of us cleaned both cars. You would have thought that we had taken the kids to Chuck E. Cheese they were so excited. They had a blast! While Katie, Anna and I tried to stay relatively dry, VJ spent all his time trying to get in front of the hose. He was soaking wet by the time we were done. The best quote of the day came from Katie:
Katie: "I didn't know that the tires {rims} were silver!"

0 comments: