Friday, March 13, 2009

Speaking of Egypt

Prior to our recent cruise my experience with Egypt was limited to the 17th hole at the Around the World minigolf course in Lake George. There are three pyramids and a camel (just like the real thing!) that you had to get past. Hit your ball wrong and you could hit a pyramid and get shunted off to the side.

17th Hole at Around the World Minigolf Course, Lake George, NY.
Thank you internet for having pictures of everything.


This was especially tragic if you and your friend were tied at 47 strokes going into the 17th hole and you get a hole-in-one but it takes her 5 strokes to complete what one person said is "the hardest hole on any minigolf course they had seen" (I might be that person).

That reminds me of the time when Annette, Dan, Bill, Bill's GF & I played the course.

Having trouble reading it? Well you can either click on the card to see a bigger picture or I can just tell you that I kicked Annette's ass. And yes, I did save the card for lo these many years.

1 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

The number of really, really sad statements this post makes about you are too much to list. How many years did you keep that scorecard?

I've played that course. I think I could whip you at it.