Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving meal and are enjoying their leftovers today.

Anna had to work yesterday so I was in charge of the meal. It wasn't nearly as hard as I imagined it would be. I find that advanced preparation really makes a difference. About a week before, you call the Intercontinetal Hotel and arrange for the entire Thanksgiving meal to be delivered. Easy Peesy.

I did prepare the dough for the homemade crescent rolls but Anna took over when she got home.
The whole rest of the meal, including a bottle of wine, was delivered. It was pretty good. Not great like when we make our own or go to my Mom's but you can't beat the prep.
It was a good thing we didn't need the kitchen to make dinner since the guy came to fix our dishwasher and didn't leave until about 5 minutes before dinner was to start. We thought we would have to make an extra place for him.
Katie and Vito really enjoyed dinner so much that they didn't barely touch their dessert...which is OK since that meant more pumpkin pie for me!

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: