Thursday, September 10, 2009

Summer - USA

Sorry for the delay. The start of the school year has been super busy. But enough excuses, on to the post:

We had a fantastic time in the US. We started off in Houston for 2 weeks. Anna worked in Houston for most of the trip and a lot of time was spent going to Dr.'s offices: 6 Doctor's Appointments (4 check up and 2 pedia-dermatologist check ups), 5 Dentist Appointments (check up plus I had to have an old filling replaced), 2 Eye Doctor Visits (Anna & I still can't see sh*t without our contacts) and 1 Mammogram.

But it wasn't all Medical Appointments. We had a great time visiting our friends and family in Houston. Renee and Marissa hosted their annual Independence Day Party. No fireworks this year due to the burn ban but the Fire Department did come and spray the kids from the Fire Truck. Lisa Marie was, of course, the designated photographer and took beautiful pictures as always. I mean, I assume they are beautiful as I forgot to request a copy of the files! Oops!

We also had a fun day at Schlitterbahn waterpark with Grammy and Aunt Reba. Katie was very happy that she could go on the water slides all by herself. It was a perfect day at the waterpark...due to some early morning rain, many people stayed away and the park was not very crowded at all. Again, no pictures. Sorry.

The rest of the time was spent visiting our favorites restaurants including The Outback, Wings & Things, Sweet Tomatoes, Chuy's, The Outback, Texadelphia, China Bear, Pei Wei and The Outback. I even took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese 3 or 4 times (it's not so bad when you go when they first open at 9:30am and you are the only ones there).

We then spent 3 weeks in Troy (Anna stayed for just 1) and had lots of fun with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Frankie, Cousin Ava and the rest of our family and friends.

We visited our friends the Mitola's at their place on Lake George. The kids fished off the dock but didn't have any luck this year.
My parents and I getting ready for the boat ride...
but uh oh! Look who's driving!
This is not any better.
We visited Saratoga Race Track one morning and met some of Uncle Tony's horses.

It's not quite true that there are only two names in my family, Vito & Frank. But it's not far from the truth. Meet the four Frank Salvaggio's, from left to right: My cousin Frank, his dad (my Granduncle) Frank, my brother Frank and my Dad Frank.
We spent another afternoon at Hoffman's Playland. Here's the family on the train.
Ava REALLY enjoyed the boat ride and my kids really enjoyed spending time with her.

My parents and I took the kids to Six Flags Great Escape. We had a great day, riding the rides and meeting many of the characters.

Here are the kids with Shaggy.
Vito loved to see the Batmobile...
...but refused to go any where near Hawkgirl. So Grandpa stood in for him.
Just had to take this picture, right outside the entrance to Ghost Town (if they even still call it that). Wells Fargo is where we do our banking in TX.
Bugs Bunny & Marvin the Martian.
Katie and I in front of the Steamin' Demon. I've been coming here since I was a kid, but this was the first time I ever went on this roller coaster. Katie REALLY wanted to go and since Anna was already back in Budapest... It's really is not a scary ride but Roller Coasters aren't my thing.

Riding the Desperado Plunge with Grandma...
...and then Grandpa.
We had a fun picnic with many of our friends. I only grabbed a couple of pictures of the kids in the pool. Vito and Jack played nicely while...
...Katie enjoyed jumping off the diving board.
We had a great time catching up with all of our family and friends this summer and look forward to seeing at least some of you this Christmas.

1 comments:

Mom Price said...

A wonderful array of pictures. Thank you. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks.