Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cooking Class

No not for me. Why would you think that?

Last week the kids were off from school (school conferences) so a friend organized a cooking class for kids at the Intercontinental Hotel. They made bread, "colored" chocolate Easter eggs with frosting, painted real eggs and sculpted treats with marzipan.

The kids had a great time and the best part was that the hotel staff did nearly everything so the parents just had to sit back and enjoy their coffee and treats (although I do want to point out that I had signed them up for this BEFORE I knew that I only had to drive them there and pay).

We had about 17 kids participating.

Paying attention to the chef's instructions.
Not so much paying attention but ready to start.
Rolling the dough for the bread.
Vito needed a little help.
Ready for the oven.

Katie is concentrating on her design.
Vito is reaching for a different color frosting.

Time to paint the eggs. The best thing that can be said about the water color paints they used is that even if it didn't color the eggs that well, it also didn't stain our clothes.



The kids had a great time and we will definitely do this again if the opportunity presents. Thanks to my friend Monica for sharing the pictures with me since the bad Dad forgot his camera at home.

1 comments:

Mom Price said...

What a GREAT idea for the kids. I bet they had a lot of fun. You make great parents for giving such experiences to the kids. Love to all.