Sunday, December 14, 2008

Katie - Guest Host of Fri Morning Assembly

Each Friday Katie and Vito's school has an assembly and each week two 2nd graders are the "Guest Hosts." They introduce each speaker, activity, etc. This past Fri was Katie and her classmate Dooho's turn.

Katie did a GREAT job. Especially considering it was a bit of an atypical assembly. The teacher that normally runs the show and works with the Guest Hosts was already off on winter holiday and the teacher who stood in for her all week called in sick Friday. And it was Pajama Day and all the kids wore pajamas. I'd be hard pressed to speak in front of a large audience, much less in my pajamas! I mean, I no longer hyperventilate (much) when I have to speak in a group but Katie seemed really comfortable and in control.

Introducing Mr. Brown to talk about the Food Drive.
Katie caught sight of Mom & Dad in the audience and paused nicely for me to take the picture.

She did a FANTASTIC job and we are very proud of her.

1 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

So did mom & dad wear their pajamas to the assembly also?

When Hayden had pajama day at school last year, I almost wore my pajamas to srop him off. When I couldn't go back to my house for 6+ hours because of the gas leak, I was sooooooo glad I hadn't worn my pajamas. Because in the morning, it's cute. At 3 in the afternoon at Cafe Express, it's scary weird.