Sunday, March 30, 2008

Updates

I'm behind on posting so here's a few quick updates:

"My Country" Presentation
I went to Katie's school for her "My Country" presentation. All the kids put together a presentation about their home country. The parents went from kid to kid and they had to present the info they had collected and answer our questions. Katie decided to do a hanging presentation (sort of like a mobile). Some kids did posters, some were living statues (walk up to them and they start spouting their info) and some did PowerPoint presentations. I think that she, and all the kids really, did very well. The only question that I heard Katie get stumped on was what did "DC" in "Washington, DC" stand for.


More "My Country" pictures on our Kodak Gallery. Thanks to Katie's teacher for the pictures since I forgot my camera at home (and Katie's backpack, and my belt...it was a bad morning).

Disney On Ice

I can't say "Disney on Ice" without thinking about that Saturday Night Live skit (I think it was SNL) about how Walt Disney's body was frozen after his death and that the time had come to thaw him out and it was your last chance to see "Disney on Ice" (cut to picture of coffin sliding across the ice rink). Totally tasteless but still funny and having nothing to do with anything we did last Saturday.

We took the kids and Vito's friend Carlos to see Disney on Ice. Despite being all in Hungarian the show was really enjoyable. We got the boys Buzz Lightyear Swords and Katie a glowing Princess Scepter. And if you thought Hungarian was a hard language to learn and understand, you haven't heard anything until you try and make out what the hell Donald Duck is saying in Hungarian.

Vito was really happy with his sword as he "always wanted a power sword like He-Man's, but one that would change him into Batman instead."

More Disney on Ice Pictures.

Easter
Of course we decorated Easter Eggs and the Bunny came and hid them and lots of other candy around the house. Unfortunately due to the crappy weather of Easter weekend (it snowed on Holy Saturday and Easter Monday) our Egg hunt was limited to our living room.


More Easter Pictures.

Katie's Haircut
Katie got her haircut yesterday. We decided to cut it a little shorter than normal for the summer. After the lady dried it, she looked much too old for my taste.
Luckily, after a good night's rest, it curled up nicely so she looks like a little girl again.

0 comments: